Monday, December 27, 2010

2011.

As the new year rolls around, so do the infamous new year's resolutions made every year. Now I, personally, have always been a strong advocate of new year's resolutions. I was always the one at parties to make everyone go around in a circle and say theirs aloud.
But while skimming the internet I saw something that made me rethink my original thoughts. New research shows that by the six month of the year, only 46% of people will have maintained them. And looking back, I did not keep up with my resolutions of last year. And thinking about how I failed myself, I feel a huge knot of guilt building in my stomach. So if most people don't follow through with these resolutions, are they even worth making them?

Yes, I think. The same research shows that people who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don't explicitly make resolutions. There is something so exhilirating about the hope of a better you. So, I will continue with my traditions and god knows I will make all my friends cite theirs aloud as well. Here are some of my main ones.
1. Work out more
2. Keep in touch with camp friends

So, what are yours?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to start a vlog about my feelings for Demi Levato. I can only hope it will be as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete